October 31, 2010

Ingrid Michaelson

When Stephen and I started dating I planned the most fun day for us during which we rode 50 miles round-trip on a tandem cruiser to swim in a reservoir and have a picnic.  It was in August and it was hot.  I had be training for a marathon and Stephen had been working in an office (not in shape).  Even though he was hating every minute of that activity he still put up with it and told me that he had a good time because we were newly dating and he liked me.  I'm glad that he still likes me and will still put up with some of my less logical ideas, like...

We went to the Ingrid Michaelson concert this week.  Round about the time we had been in line for two hours and it started snowing and I remembered that Stephen and I now work full time and can't just sleep in when we stay out late and are tired, I was wondering if this had been a good idea.  Luckily the concert did eventually start and Ingrid was so good!  We decided it was worth it but we probably wouldn't be going to too many more weeknight concerts from now on.





Stephen and I with my sister Ashley and her husband Zac. This was in line...before the snow.






Here is one of her music videos, she sang this song and (along with every song) it was excellent:



2 comments:

  1. Weeknight shows are the best. I do it all the time :) Granted, I come to work the next day, feeling like I have been hit by a train. Ha! Looks like it was fabulous for you guys! I have two shows this week. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the concert was worth it! I love Ingrid. Her music reminds me of being engaged to Chris. I listened to her album over and over around that time. Way to be a cool wife and plan fun activities! :)

    ReplyDelete