October 24, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...from last week


Last week was busy and crazy as usually but there were some shining moments.

1. The Dyson Hand Dryer

I've heard of these and always wanted to experience one. Finally this week I was privileged to use a public restroom with the dyson hand dryer.  I guess I can be easily pleased but it was amazing.

2. Room Mother Angel

The most amazing room mother volunteered to plan and run my entire Halloween party for me.  I don't know who some of these parents are or how they became so fabulous but I need to find out so I can be this amazing someday.

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Stephen and I bought our Harry Potter tickets for the movie premier next month.  We're going to the imax show and my family is coming down for the occasion, I couldn't be more pleased about this.  I'm glad that Stephen will humor my Harry Potter love even though he's less than a fan.

4. iPad

As part of a technology-in-the-classroom push I was chosen with a few other teachers at my school to take a class about using ipod touch/ipads to teach.  I went to the first class this week and got my ipad!  I'll admit, I was skeptical of the ipad a bit when it first came out but after getting mine this week and playing around with it, I'm sold.  The best part is that they highly encouraged us not only to use it for school but in our personal lives as well and it's mine as long as I stay at my school.

Here is a somewhat blurry picture of my with my tickets and ipad....


We'll see what this week has in store.  I think the Ingrid Michaelson concert and the school Halloween parade should both be highlights, I'll keep my camera handy!

2 comments:

  1. I just thought of Spencer and how much he loves Harry Potter. I bet he is so jealous of your family plans! How cool that you got an ipad! I know my mom loves hers. And also....Ingrid Michaelson concert?! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post! I am so glad things are going so well for you and aren't those dyson dryers sweet? I saw one in IKEA a few weeks ago! haha I really loved everything about this post

    ReplyDelete