August 23, 2010

First Day of School!

Today was my first day of school with my students (if you're behind, I'm teaching fourth grade in Salt Lake).  It went surprisingly well!  I had no barf, no blood, and only a few tears.  I feel like (so far) my college experience actually did prepare me kind of well, go figure.  I did keep feeling like the real teacher was going to walk in any minute and take over, weird that I AM the real teacher.  I was talking to my mom and she remembers feeling like that after she had her first baby..."where is this baby's mom?" funny.  I think it will get better and better and I will feel more and more comfortable over time.  I am just so glad that I got this job, Stephen and I have really been blessed in the employment department.  Here are a few pictures of my classroom:


It might not look like much but it sure looks better than when I started! 

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! You're half way done with week one! Congrats, teacher! You should post your before pictures. Sounded like quite the undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is going well with school! I'm sure all the kids just love Mrs. Young!

    So, last night I had the strangest dream about you and Steph....I dreamed that you guys had turned into super-intense cat lovers. You had this cat that you just loved more than anything in the world and it was all you ever talked about. Well...it turns out you and your cat got pregnant at the same time. When you had your baby in the hospital, you know how everyone always has those pics of them in the bed just after, holding their baby. Well, you had this picture and you posted it on your blog, and the cat and new kitten were tucked in the bed with you.

    It was such a weird dream! And so detailed and visual. Really. I can remember just what that picture looked like.

    Please don't become a cat-lover.

    ReplyDelete