August 14, 2010

The Loneliness Birds

One of Stephen's favorite movies is "The Power of One", it is really great but sad also.  The main character is just a little boy at the beginning of the movie and he is separated from his family (I can't remember why?).  He talks about the 'loneliness birds' that lay eggs inside him.  It's a good movie and I think it's based on a book if you're looking for a recommendation.

Stephen stayed in Ghana two weeks longer than me, no big deal right?  That is what I thought before I was leaving him and traveling home alone and sitting in our quiet house that first night (and every night after).  It's been a LONG two weeks but he is coming home this Monday!  I couldn't be more excited for my loneliness birds to fly away and have this cutie back home...


Also coming up... I am starting my job this week!  I am teaching fourth grade and I have meetings and teacher work days this week, the kid's first day is the 23rd.  I am a little nervous about getting everything ready but ready or not, this week will go by fast.  I took some 'before' pictures of my room and when I'm done getting it ready I'll post some 'before/after'.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't imagine how lonely you two must be without each other! I would be dying...I would also be freaking out about getting the classroom ready. You will be such a great teacher. So exciting and so scary. I have to say, salon life is lovely, :) but I'm envious that you are prepping your classroom right now. I've applied to a couple districts here, but I think that hiring boat has already sailed for the year. Maybe back to the part-time subbing career for a while. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so lonely! I'm glad that you have your classroom to work on though! I bet it will be so adorable! Good luck with this school year, you are going to do great! And by the way, I am so glad you have a blog. And one more by the way, if you are ever in Vegas you totally have a place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady! I found your blog and am so glad you're doing well. Ghana, huh? 4th grade? Lots of fun adventures going on in your life! I've gotta read more now to figure out why you were there and then somehow convince my hubby that's the next trip we should take. :) Keep on keeping on and good luck with school on Monday!

    ReplyDelete