August 19, 2012

Wildflower Pedalfest

This weekend my friend Robyn and I rode in the all women's bike ride called the pedalfest. It was mostly in Morgan county and besides Trappers Loop, I haven't ever ridden in that area so it was great to have a change of scenery and some motivation to ride much farther and much harder than I would on my own. The ride was 75 miles with 3,000 feet of elevation gain.

Here we are bright and early (and freezing cold) at the starting line! These are all camera phone pictures so excuse the quality, we didn't want to carry more than we had to.



I've lived in Utah all of my life and I've never heard of or been to East Canyon, which is where a huge portion of this ride took place. It was beautiful. 


We could have gone back and done 50 miles but we went for the 75 plus a hill climb. That hill (canyon) climb was no joke. 

But we made it to the top! They took advantage of our exhausted delirium and slipped those silly leis around our necks. This is at the Morgan County/Salt Lake County boarder.

 We had a blast! Thanks to Des for cueing me in on this fun event!

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see you there! I'm impressed you and Robyn did the 75 mile ride - great job!

    ReplyDelete