June 4, 2012

Paris is Dreamy...Day One

Stephen and I are in Paris right now! We are celebrating mostly that I made it through another year of Stephen traveling for work, since this whole trip was paid for with Marriott points and Delta frequent flier miles, but we are also celebrating that I finished another school year and that we've been married for three years! We are spoiled indeed. I  am going to try and blog as we go to keep a trip diary for myself.

We landed yesterday mid-morning, very tired from so much traveling and jet lag. We saw the Eiffel Tower first thing and then forced ourselves to sightsee until around 7:00 pm when we crashed at the hotel.

Today we were up and going with plenty of energy. We started the day with a Seine River cruise to get a lay of the land.

We ate delicious crepes. It's been pretty cold and rainy and windy since we've been here, hence the jackets and hood.

We toured and climbed the towers of Notre Dame, SO amazing, if you haven't read The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo I highly recommend it, especially before visiting Paris, it made this site especially great for me.

This was one of Stephen's favorite gargoyles and a great view of the Eiffel Tower, which we climbed the stairs of yesterday.

Here is a view of the back of Notre Dame on a "lovers bridge" with marked/engraved locks all along it.

Stephen bought a lock for us to put on the bridge.


We ate dinner at a cute restaurant that had no dinner menu, they only serve steak and frites. It was delicious. Our last site of the day was back near our hotel, the Arc de Triomphe. We climbed to the top and had a great view of the sunset over La Defence. It was a fun and exhausting day. I'm hoping that tomorrow we will save some energy and be able to enjoy the night life.

2 comments:

  1. ah! looks like a blast!! can't wait to see more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!I somehow forgot you guys were going on this trip right now...love the update and can't wait to see/hear more. Looks amazing already, even if it is rainy. AND, how romantic, you guys have a lock. :)

    ReplyDelete