With school starting back up soon, I've recommenced the commute to West Valley. On a good day I can make it in about 25 minutes each way. On a bad day...it can be rough. I've gone through cycles of what I do during that time: radio, books on CD, general conference talks, podcasts, mormon channel, ipod music, silence, calling people and having long conversations, etc. The best of all the game is This American Life.
Heather introduced me to this podcast years ago and it was a life saver during occasional long hours of data entry at the Admissions Office where I worked through college. I hooked the rest of the office onto them and we'd all search through the archives and write our favorite ones down for each other. I am confident that I have listened to almost every episode.
The point of the podcast is just to tell stories. They pick a theme and then find stories from people's "American Lives" that go along with the theme. It is incredibly entertaining.
After years of research, I suggest one of the following to begin with:
Something For Nothing, Break-Up, or Mistakes Were Made. Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

"I looked over at the guy next to me and said:"You're the devil"."
ReplyDeleteYou would have a post about This American Life! :) Good luck with the new school year my friend!
ReplyDelete