I finished my first quilt that I have made all by myself! Ok, not all by myself. I had a lot of help my mom and the ladies at the Material Girls. Still I am very proud and glad that I went through the whole process and learned a lot, I think I will be able to do a lot more of my next one without so much help.
I gave it away today to Nicole, my sister-in-law who is having a baby boy in July. It was a fun shower and I was so excited to give it to her. Quilting has been a fun hobby for me lately and I loved making a quilt with a person in mind to give it away to, it makes the gift so much more special. Too bad I get so attached to my projects after the hours I spend with them, I just want to keep them all.
I am making one right now that will be my first full sized quilt and I will keep it but after that Stephen has kindly suggested that we have more quilts than anyone can reasonable use, I'll have to think of more special people to make them for! Here are some pictures of that ole' baby quilt:
Adorable! What I want to know is if you did the quilting part on your own, or if you took it to someone to do that part. I've made some quilts, but I always have someone else do that part unless I'm tying it.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! What a talent!
ReplyDeleteJayme! This is incredible! Don't you love Material Girls? Favorite store.
ReplyDeleteLooks soooo great. Can't wait to see the next one!
Jayme that is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI have the same question as Chelsea... Did you do the quilting by hand or do you have a fancy pancy machine that does that? :)
It looks beautiful!
Unfortunately I didn't do the quilting. I got it done by the oldest woman I have ever seen in Providence. I would love to learn to do that part myself but my machine right now is pretty basic. Maybe I can get a stand and do a little bit by hand. All in good time.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Material Girls has amazing fabric.
So Beautiful! I am very proud of you too. My question is...what can I do to get on the special person list and get one of these?
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad I got to be #1 on the special person list! I seriously cuddled in the quilt the entire drive home. It is so adorable!! I'll enjoy it just as much as baby guy so you know it's in good hands and put to good use. Thanks, Jayme! You're amazing!
ReplyDeleteI love the quilt! It is so adorable,and it looks so snuggly!
ReplyDelete