July 6, 2010

Ghana...it's in Africa

A day hasn't gone by over the past three years since I left Ghana that I haven't thought about it. Even though Jayme has seen all my pictures, heard all the stories and even met many of the people that I served with there, she still hasn't been able to have the same kind of connection that I have to Ghana. I have wanted to take Jayme there ever since we started dating but it has never been a possibility until this summer. Due to the kindness and generosity of numerous individuals Jayme and I will be leaving on Saturday July 10 for Accra Ghana. From Accra we are going to take the long drive to Twifo-Hemang to the Forever Young International School where we will be working for the next three weeks. The school was built by the Forever Young Foundation and they have invited us join a group of three other teachers who are going over to help make the school better (and no, this was not just because I am also named Steve Young). We are super excited and are counting down the hours until we take off. Jayme is hoping that we have some great experiences with the tropical rainforest where we will be living, but I just hope that we don't end up having a pet like Jessica. We hope to be able to update this blog with our experiences and pictures while we are there. If for some reason we are unable to update often it won't be because we didn't try! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from my last trip there that I hope we can match during this trip:


2 comments:

  1. Steve and Jayme! So happy you created a blog! We look forward to following it. Also, you are following the wrong blog for us. It is our old one that we've abandoned....go to nicoleandchristopher.blogspot.com. Good luck in the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to see what you've written and those nice pictures oh Ghana. I'll be excited to follow it as well. I'm so excited for your trip down there. Best of luck and we'll catch ya on the rebound.

    Love, Mom (Judy)

    Nicole typed this for me while we were visiting at their apartment in Denver.

    ReplyDelete